BATANG BAGANI KIDDIE ART PROJECT ONLINE
The National Quincentennial Committee (NQC) launches the Batang Bagani Kiddie Art Project Online. Children 7-12 years old are invited to take part in this online activity through sharing their artworks focusing on the theme Victory and Humanity in Me. This is in solidarity with the 500th anniversary of the Victory at Mactan, the Philippine part in the first circumnavigation of the world, and other related events, collectively known as the 2021 Quincentennial Commemorations in the Philippines (2021 QCP). Batang Bagani is a collaboration of the NQC, National Historical Commission of the Philippines, Department of Social Welfare and Development, and Department of Education and has been launched last July 2020.
Batang Bagani (literally ‘Kiddie Hero’) is chosen as the name of the project to unleash the ideas of heroism and kindness in a Filipino child through art. Whereas, the theme is derived from the official theme of the 2021 QCP: Victory and Humanity. Victory represents the triumph of our heroes since the Battle of Mactan, while Humanity embodies the kindness our ancestors in Homonhon shown to the sick and hungry crew of the Magellan-Elcano expedition, the first to voyage around the planet, 500 years ago.
Considering that November is celebrated as National Children’s Month, the Local Council for the Protection of Children, this Local Government Unit has to replicate said project and dubbed it as BATANG BAGANI KIDDIE ART ONLINE CONTEST focusing on the theme: VICTORY AND HUMANITY IN ME.
The Local Council for the Protection of Children invites Filipino parents and/or guardians to showcase the creativity of their kids through drawing or painting in Batang Bagani Kiddie Art Online Contest. The contest aims to feature the meaning of victory (achievement, success) and humanity (compassion, kindness) in a Filipino child (e.g., what it takes to be an achiever yet kind Filipino child; what makes a Filipino child a champion but with a big heart for others).
The LCPC aims to gather 150 children’s artworks to be featured every day on the official Facebook page of the LGU of Compostela. Qualified children are Filipino children who are residing in the Municipality ages 7-12 years old.
1. Parents and guardians must register and upload their kids’ artworks through our online form:
2. Upload a copy of child’s birth certificate and a scanned copy of the accomplished consent form through the abovementioned online form.
3. Please follow the following format in uploading documents:
For the birth certificate: <Child’s name>_Birth Certificate
For the photo of artwork: <Child’s name>_<Title of Artwork>
For the consent form: <Child’s name>_Consent Form
4. Only one artwork per kid will be accepted.
5. Parent and legal guardian should ensure that the submitted child’s artwork is an original work, hence a photo while the kid is drawing shall also be uploaded.
6. The project runs from November 17, 2020 until November 24, 2020.
7. Kids artwork will be adjudged on November 26, 2020 and winners will be awarded on November 28, 2020 in time of the Local State of the Children’s Report of the Honorable Lema P. Bolo, CPA, and Chairperson of the Local Council for the Protection of Children.
8. Each participating kid will receive a cash token of P 500.00 each.
9. The LCPC will choose five (5) best artworks to receive special prizes of P 2,000.00 each.
10. Kids artwork will be judged using the following criteria:
1. Uniqueness/ Originality (Talagsaon) - 30 %
2. Quality (Neatness and Craft or kahapsay sa pagkabuhat) - 25 %
3. Aesthetic (design, composition, color, tone or katahum) - 20%
4. Concept selection (application of materials or pagpili sa konsepto - 15%
5. Complexity (the level of digital technology used; attribute or kakuti) - 10%
For inquiries, contact the LCPC secretariat at cellular phone number-09505421477