THE THEME AND THE ICON 2019
A logo is a graphic mark, emblem, or symbol used to aid and promote public identification and recognition. It may be of an abstract or figurative design or include the text of the name it represents as in a wordmark.
This years theme and the icon of the 71st Araw ng Compostela and 13th Buganihan Festival is again conceptualized and designed by the Festival Action Officer itself. Emelito Revano Quijano, Municipality of Compostela Tourism Officer, reveals the hidden meaning of a sleek, clean, and sophisticated event logo that looks elegant and chic.
Final approved design, digitized by Renzton Allen Wailyd (ITS Graphic/Layout Artist):
1. Festival Colors signifies festivity.
2. Laurel Leaf defines the honor and pride of the Compostelaños.
3. Brown People represents the Compostelaños that unites to push the Municipality of Compostela to thrust ahead.
4. Gear around the Official Seal of Compostela symbolizes the growing economy and trade.
5. Red and Black people characterize the people celebrating in peace and sharing abundant blessings, with different ethnicity and religious beliefs.
6. Tribal bar signifies the importance of maintaining the cultural heritage from the past for the benefit of the present and future generations.